Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June 24, 2014 - Week 2

I don't know where to start. Everything has turned into a blur. All the Latinos, every single one, left this morning. They have done their two weeks at the MTC and are now going to their different areas. Elder Lopez (the shortest one in the group photo sitting in a chair) left 4 ties in the room, one for each elder. I would try to share snacks with them. We all got along very well even with our broken Spanish. I showed him a picture of us and he said mom was my sister, but then I corrected him. My teacher in the morning (Hermana Alverado) said mom has nice hair.

Yesterday I did T25 with my district during deportes. It's like P90X but just 25 minutes and no water breaks. Oh, yeah, and the 60+ year old President Cox does it with us and he keeps up the whole time.  
Now we are teaching two new investigators (fake) at once - they are our teachers. My comp and I do okay. I still wish I knew more. Nothing is more annoying than not knowing how to respond in Spanish. I understood most of what happens in the Sacrament meeting talks (in Spanish). I guess my Spanish church vocab is much better than just every-day Spanish. It's just frustrating seeing others speak much more eloquently than I do. 
Last night before the Latinos left we sang I'll go where you want me to go, god be with you till we meet again, and hymn number 88  in the Spanish hymn book, the hymn is not in the English hymn book. I did not really understand what it said, but it sounded cool when we sang it.
I think it was last night we had pasta for dinner and I gulped it down so easily. The noodles look just like mom's when she makes pasta - only bad thing is that they did not have Texas toast, but I didn't seem to mind.  I still have and ice cream sandwich every lunch

Q: We had ribs for dinner tonight, who in the family do you think didn't eat them? A: Everyone ate them, besides Tyler... Q; Did you get any Dear Elders this week? (I’ve sent you one almost every day-lyssa) A: Not a single one, kind of makes me sad. Hand written notes take 10 days. I think the address is:
Elder Tyler Coniam 
missionary training center 
hondureas san pedro sula oeste 
bulevar bista hermosa 23-71 
vista hermosa 1, zona 15 
guatemala city 01015 
gutaemala 
 
Q: How are you sleeping? Still falling asleep easily? 
A: I still fall asleep okay. But I often wake up in the middle of the night at some point and sometimes I think  "What is this place?" but then I remember. 
 
Q: Have you gotten to leave the MTC grounds yet and go into Guatemala?
A: Yes, when we go to the temple every week, and today we walked to a little mall like 5 minutes away. I got tic tacks and a note book. I think I spent 3.00 dollars. 
 
Q: What did you buy at the distribution center? 
A: I bought nice pair of Spanish scriptures, Spanish hymn book (small) and a small pridica me evangilo. (I'm not sure how to spell it in spanish.) 
 
Q: What is your favorite part about the MTC so far? 
A: I am not sure, nothing sticks out. 
  
Q: What is your favorite day of the week? 
A:Yesterday. It was sad saying goodbye to the Latinos but is was nice knowing them. Most days are okay. If I am having a really bad day I dig into the snacks you guys sent with me. 
 
 Q.  Has your beeping watch driven anyone crazy? 
 A.  No one seems to mind, or even hear it. - Ha-ha, Michael! 
 
Not sure what else to say. I am probably forgetting something again. I love you all so much and miss you guys. I sometimes think what would they be doing right now. Dad is usually watching tv, Michael playing clash of clans while watching netflix. mom doing something for school and watching netflix, Alyssa is crocheting while watching netflix. And I never know what Brandon is doing. Often times Nan is petting her dogs in her rv or something. 
Have fun with Cash this week, mom. Tell him happy birthday from me. And Lyssa and Brandon send me photos of your new house. Have fun in Russia. And dad take a nap at work because the judges won't be there, you deserve it. Mike just sleep or something, I don't know. And nana don't let your dogs take your house over.

Good bye. I love you all so much. 

Elder Coniam
June 11, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.