Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014


Q: What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
 A: Most things are too long to make. Eggs, but I don't like cleaning the pan, i do it but I don't like it. Sometimes I make pancakes, but most of the times I just have cookies! Wow Tyler has not changed one bit!

Q: What time of day is your favorite?
A: When we get to the house at night.  When I was at home, I always had a hard time falling asleep. Here I can fall asleep in 5 minutes. 

Q: Have you found any people in your ward that you really like, like your last ward?
A: Yes, there are some nice people.

Q: Have you run into any tall Hondurans?
A: Yes, but it's not common

Well, I think tomorrow is five months.  It sure does not seem like it. 
So more citas fell this week, just about all of them.  
A flower from a girl! Meeting a man with lots of power over the police.  And an interesting experience last night.

So the interesting things happened on Thursday at night. We left at around 6:45 PM with a recent convert.  The reference he had for us fell so we contacted while making our way back to his house. Normal contacting. Then a tipsy guy approaches us because he knows the recent convert we are with.  H is his name, and he talks to us about how Honduras is dangerous, and says if we ever need the police fast don´t call the police, call him first. He said we should do that because he has a reputation in SPS so I have his card taped in my agenda. 

Then as we got closer to the convert's house, we had to walk passed some flower shops on the streets. There is this little girl probably 6 years old filling up a 5 gallon bucket of water on the other side of the street. She was a little bit bigger than the bucket. In my last area, some parts did not have running water so we would always carry five gallon buckets to their houses, It was an easy way to get in and talk to them.  So my first thought was to help the little girl. I asked her if I could help her and she said yes, so I picked it up and carried it across to the shop where her and her family worked. They say thank you and we go to walk away. 
As we are walking away this man on a moto stops. The first thing he says ¨You know that the others would not have done that, right.¨  He then goes on to tell us about his life story. SR is a Jew nomad. He travels from Mexico down to Panama on his bike. He has plastic trash bags and a small suit case stuck to his bike. He is in San Pedro for a while, visiting family, he is Honduran and everything. Then as we were talking, one of the ladies at the flower shop walks up and hands us one flower each. So that's why I got a flower from a girl.

Then my companion baptized J. He is 48, and lives in a one room house, probably the size of my room. He has no running water and not too much money to his name. He was in a car accident a few years back, and since then he has had a hard time walking and as well remembering things. But he has been going to church for the past 3 months, and we don't have to ask him if he is going, he is always good about it. He passed the interview on Friday and was baptized the next day by my comp. 

We went to J's house Sunday night to start re-passing over the lessons and he told us that earlier in the day a person called and said he had been selected to do electricity work for some apartments. The person had called a week or two earlier to talk to him about it. It´s definitely a cool blessing. And also while we were there his neighbor stopped in. He said he had been drinking and wanted a blessing. We were kinda confused.  It turns out he was a member married in the temple and everything but he had some issues. He said he really wants to stop drinking and to go back to church.  I was humbled. I don't feel like the best person to help him, but I guess it will be a learning experience.

I think that's it. Thank you for all your letters. I love you all and I can't wait to talk to you next week.

Elder 5 Months Coniam


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.