Monday, December 1, 2014

December! Rain Rain go away. New Comp. 3 Packeges at once!





Q: According to Dwight, what is the easiest job in the world?
A:  Being a MOM!


Q: What did you do for Thanksgiving?
A: We ate at the tourko. It's a cheap restaurant, not on the street.

Q: Do you get the pictures I text you?
A: Yes

Q. People have been asking about my missionary and how you are doing. So, how are you?
A. Fine.

Rain Rain go away.  New Comp. 3 Packages at once!

So we had rain just about everyday. Which made it super cold. The showers were the worst. I thought I would never sleep with the beanie  Alyssa made for me but I used it. I kind miss the cold. The sun came out today so it was super hot. 

So Elder D had changes, he went to the furthest point in the mission which is 8 hours away. And my new companion is Elder S - 13 months in the mission and from Moab, Utah, family of 16.  He's a great missionary.

Then last Tuesday we had Zone meetings and I got three packages at once. It was super tough carrying them back to the house. I have to carry back all that love. I only opened one, ate all the stuff inside by Saturday. I am waiting to open the other two for a sad day.

We had a great lesson last night with a member. We watched the restoration video with the family, because he said he wanted to learn more about Joseph Smith. After the video he mentioned the these things feel familiar to him. As soon as he said that I thought of this quote in chapter 4 of Preach My Gospel,  "President Boyd K. Packer said, “It is important for a … missionary … to know that the Holy Ghost can work through the Light of Christ. A teacher of gospel truths is not planting something foreign or even new into an adult or a child. Rather, the missionary or teacher is making contact with the Spirit of Christ already there. The gospel will have a familiar ‘ring’ to them” (“The Light of Christ,” address delivered at the seminar for new mission presidents, 22 June 2004, 2).". 
I really like this family they are super kind to us, and they seem really humble. Those are the only people that listen to us. Most of the time people are put into humbling situations and then the gospel and them connect, but as far as I know this family is not in a humbling situation. They have a car, a nice house, nice clothing, and live in a good area. When we first met him about two weeks ago he said "I figure everyone rejects you, so I thought I would let you in". We still have a lot of work to do but hopefully we will get there. 

The rest of the week was okay. We got these new cards for the "He is the Gift" video. And so we are contacting persons and giving them these cards, people seem happier when we talk to them about Christmas.  We went to one house the lady said "oh no, Mormons" She came out, we were about to finish when I asked her, "why did you say oh no Mormons" she goes, "I didn't say that" I say, well we heard it". Then I tried just telling her that we mean no harm, we are really just talking about Christ. 

I think that's all. Thanks for everything. I love you all. Thanks for the packages. I opened the one from Oct 15, and then received two others from Nov 8th. 

Love you all,
Elder Tyler Scott Coniam 

Talk to you in  24 Days! hehehehehehehehehe That's weird we need to talk about how we are going to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.